Friday, January 23, 2009

Link Feast: 1.23.09

Goodbye Old Devil Moon - This is the restaurant where I ate with my friends the night before I drove out of NYC for good. RIP.

Invite Science to the Party - Some really interesting techniques for cooking a quick, gourmet-style meal. DIY sous-vide gets bonus points.

Dallas Morning News Gets a New Restaurant Critic - Nice gig if you can get it. But seriously, looks like she has heavyweight credentials. Considering some major dailies are laying off their restaurant critics, this may be a good sign.

First MacArthur "genius grant," now calls from Obama team - There's no one more cynical than I am when it comes to politicians, but when I see reports like this, I'm encouraged that Obama may develop a healthy, practical, and common sense food policy.

How to make your own haggis - God I'd love to see Rachel Ray make haggis on 30 Minute Meals. And the associated article.

No comments: